With Chris Cobbold of Wessex Economics on 'The depth and significance of Covid-19 on the housing market'
May 06, 2020
Chris Cobbold, Wessex Economics
In this first episode of 'Barton Willmore Uncut. In Conversation'. Partners Iain Painting and Robin Shepherd are 'finding a way with' Chris Cobbold of Wessex Economics, previously the head of DTZ’s residential team and an MHCLG expert advisor, to discuss our and wider recent proclamations about the depth and significance of this crisis on the housing market. Highlights from the podcast include:
- Chris’s views on the depth of this economic downturn
- Debate on the source of a 300k housing completions target
- The role for Homes England and Local Authorities in de-risking supply
- The role for government in supporting demand
- Infrastructure or housebuilding – Does the latter provide a better government investment opportunity?